Tuesday, 1 November 2011

New blog

Years ago I did a blog about music called "Magicman Music".  It offered my thoughts on music in general, but as time went by and time became limited I resorted to posting you tube links.  I was getting married and planning a family, and I couldn't give it the time I wanted to.

Well, I got married and have a 20 month old son.  I am involved in various projects, but the compulsion to write is still there.  So my blog is back.  I won't restrict it to music this time.  I'll write about whatever comes to my mind.

In this first blog, I'll just talk about the various things I'm involved with, merely as an introduction.  This should give a background as to what I'm babbling on about in future posts.

Firstly, I present a radio show on http://www.trentsound.com/ called "Notts Live".  Me and my co-host, Bainy, focus on the blossoming Notts music scene - one of the most vibrant and eclectic in the country.  We air on Wednesday nights from 7pm til 10pm UK time.  Give us a listen and you'll no doubt discover your favourite new band.

My involvement in the show has allowed me to meet some great and talented people.  One of the bands I have met is The Amber Herd - terrific guys who have kindly allowed me to play theremin with them at live shows and on their "This Town EP".  I shall talk more of my life with The Herd in a future blog.

My work with The Amber Herd gave me the drive to return to something I started a number of years ago, namely making my own electronic tunes, under the name LCTRCN.  It used to be The Electrician but someone else had that named so I just removed the vowels (very Primal Scream).  I finally completed an album a couple of months ago and it can be downloaded via this link

That's it for now.  Proper blogs will start in due course.  Hope you enjoy them.

Love and peace
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment